Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Last Long Run Before Dallas White Rock Marathon

Distance: 10 miles
Duration: 1:39:53
Average Pace Per Mile: 9:59
Weather: WINDY!!!!! It kind of sucked.
Breakfast: The thought of food sounded disgusting, but I made myself eat two eggs, one banana, and half of an english muffin.
Notes: No gels. Lots of water.

I intentionally delayed my long run until Sunday. I wanted to make sure my last long run was exactly one week before DWRM. To tell you the truth, this run felt crappy. I was tired, it was windy, and tapering is not at all what I thought it would be. In my dream world, I imagined tapering would be bliss. In reality it has created a lot of anxiety and doubt. :(

I've gone from 40 mile weeks, to 18. On top of that, you would think when I do go out for a run, I'd be fast (super sonic fast), but that's not the case. Perhaps, this is normal. I've read one article talking about this and so I've convinced myself ALL runners, who taper, MUST be going through this too. The taper blues. Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely excited, ecstatic, but a part of me is very antsy.

The last couple of days I've made a few race day decisions.
1. What to wear.
2. Definitely not running with a water bottle, instead I will grab water at the stations.
3. No playlist this year. I'm going unplugged. There will be plenty of live entertainment and I want to savour all of it. Although, I'm not looking forward to hearing annoying runners. If you've ever ran a race you know what I'm talking about. There are always several obnoxious runners who hee and holler.
4. I will run with 3 gel packs and pick up a (free) gel at mile 20 from the Clif Shot Station.
5. I've decided on a race time goal and don't even ask me because I refuse to publish that to the world. If you ask me in person, I will gladly share. :)
6. Marathon Mantra: BRING IT!
7. I'll carry my phone so Trey can track my route (live). If you would like to track my route, send me your email address and I'll send you the info. Don't be shy. You can cyber cheer. If you see the cursor stop, most likely I had to stop at a porta-potty. Boo!

1 comment: