Tuesday, November 23, 2010

12 Mile Long Run

Distance: 12 Miles
Duration: 01:53:00
Average Pace Per Mile: 9:26
Weather: Cloudy. Humid. 65 degrees. When I started, the wind was SSE at 11 mph.
Power Songs: Go Radio, Thanks for Nothing and Paper Route, Carousel

Fall Running. LOVE IT!
12 Miler
12 Miles...14 miles, it's all the same at this point. I planned on running 14 Saturday, but decided to move my long run to Sunday. So, Saturday night I set my alarm for 5:00 am. Well, apparently I set the alarm to go off at 5:00 am SATURDAY MORNING!!! When I eventually woke up, I knew I was in trouble because the sun was up. I thought about writing the run off as a lost, but figured starting a long run at 7:00 am is not that bad...The lies I tell myself. I'm weird, I prefer running early, especially when it involves anything over 10 miles.

In the end, I ran 12 instead of 14 miles, so I could go to church.

For the first few miles, the wind was fierce. The tips of my hair slapped my eyes a few times. Ouch! Once I got to the trail, the trees helped shield me. Around mile 9, I paused to refuel at a fountain and I stared at a port-a-potty....I thought, I can hold it till I get home. Mistake.  However, mother nature carried me strong to the end. Thanks upset stomach! That was a close one. I only have myself to blame, I ate oatmeal with milk before I left the house.

DWRM Nightmares:
1. Getting slowed down by runners at the start line
2. Having to stop during the race to go to the bathroom

Dear stomach, please be good...pretty please. I promise I will give you treats when I'm done. How does greasy pizza sound? Or donuts? You haven't had a donut in forever. 

...And so the taper continues. My last long run will consist of 10 miles. In marathon world, that's like running 4 miles. :) 11 more days.

1 comment: