Saturday, October 23, 2010

Lockheed Martin Recreation Association 5K Race

Distance: 5K = 3.1 miles. Actual course distance was 2.9 miles.
Duration: 24:46
Average Pace Per Mile: 8:32
Weather: 63 degrees. Overcast and a little chilly.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Pre-race photo at the start line. Don't I look happy? I guess the tights helped because my pain seems to be diminishing each day. I also took two full days off -- no running and no cross training. I'm not 100%, but I'm well on my way. 
Picture before the race started





I wasn't planning on running a 5K race, but yesterday Isis invited me and the race sounded fun, so I thought why not?!?

By the way, I love how the lady behind me is wearing jeans.LMRA 5K Start Line
This race was small. I'm just guessing, but there were probably 100 participants. We started the race on the Trinity Trail. The course was mainly cross country/trail running. I really enjoyed it because I want to start doing a little trail running. I thought this was a nice intro.
LMRA 5K
I ran the course with Lee.
Running with Lee
Isis in the orange running
Isis running
The weather was shady and overcast. Perfect weather, if you ask me. Honestly, I'm surprised it didn't rain, while we were there.
LMRA 5K Weather
The Home Stretch: Lee sprinted at the very end and I tried my hardest, but it was extremely difficult to push myself. Notice the man on the left, cheering us on....
LMRA 5K: Running to the Finish Line
And at the very end, I grew wings on my head. This obviously helped me finish strong.
I have wings
And the finish line. I told you it was a small race, but it was so much fun!
LMRA 5K Finish
Adjusting my hair...
LMRA 5K
Quick photo with Cheyenne. We were both tired.
We were both tired
Post-Race Photo with Isis and Lee aka The Running Couple. They introduced me to Honey Milk. It's a great recovery drink. I had the coffee flavor and Trey had the chocolate flavor. Cheyenne saw us drinking it and HAD to have some! She LOVED the chocolate drink too.
                   LMRA 5k

2 comments:

  1. Steve said you must have been drinking red bull...it gives you wings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice recap!! I love the pictures. great time on the race btw, I was bummed I couldn't run it!
    -Adam

    ReplyDelete