Saturday, October 16, 2010

20 Mile Run

Distance: 20.1 miles
Duration 03:16:10
Average Pace Per Mile: 09:45
Temperature: 53 degrees
Note: 53 degrees = glove weather
Breakfast: Large slice of toast topped with two eggs, chopped onions and spinach, and one large banana on the side.

Beautiful Morning at the Lake
Lakeside Running.
Before setting out on this run, I knew I wanted to treat this like a marathon dress rehearsal. So, early on I decided I was NOT going to stop my watch during water breaks, picture taking, bathroom stops, and traffic lights. I held my guns and fought the urge to press pause on my watch, especially during my bathroom break.

The Run:
Early this morning, I checked the weather and saw it was 53 degrees. I figured it was long sleeve running weather, but I didn't think it was cold enough for gloves. Yeah, I got that one wrong. Around mile 8, I made a pit stop at my house and since I was home I grabbed my gloves. From that point on, the run was 10 times more enjoyable. I felt strong, but consumed a gel pack just in case. Mile 16 is when I started to lose a little bit of my energy, but I kept moving.

The run was excellent, in fact a lot better than I had anticipated. The day before I was worried about the food I consumed, wondering how my stomach would react to it. Luckily, there was nothing to worry about. The night before I had a Kashi Pizza and loads of spinach and tomatoes. This meal agreed with my tummy.

After the 20 Miler:
I got the sleepies around 11 am. I was practically falling asleep at the dinning room table. I put Cheyenne down for a nap and then I put myself down. I managed to get a few hours of sleep, but when I woke, I was still exhausted. The rest of the day I made camp on the couch. Well, I did that for a few hours, but that got old, so Chey and I got out of the house and went to a nearby fall festival. Now, I'm ready for bed. Zzzzzz. Goodnight.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! That's so impressive. I'm not sure I could ever accomplish that but congrats girl!!

    ReplyDelete