Friday, September 17, 2010

Dallas White Rock Marathon Training Ramble

I've been running for years and this is the first time, I'm consistently feeling sore during and after workouts. On Friday, I'm usually scheduled for a three miler, but the last two weeks--- I've opted to rest. I'll thank myself tomorrow for that. Sometimes, I want to be all hardcore, like get your lazy butt up and run the three miles, but at the same time, my body needs to recover.

Gosh, I could really use a full body massage! Over the next two weeks, training will continue to ramp up. 14, 16, 18, 20!!! milers in my future.

I've always heard running a marathon is not as difficult as the training. When training for my first half marathon, I didn't use a "training schedule," I made my own schedule:
4 Miles 3x's during the work week and then Saturday I would run my endurance run, which usually meant an 8 miler. Also I would do cross training on at least one day off. This worked for me and I completed two half marathons injury free. 

I think the next time I run a full marathon (if I have the courage to do another one) I will most definitely draft my own training schedule. Another thing I should be doing at least twice a week is cross training...I know better. Sigh.

Oh and since I'm kind of rambling, venting, semi-complaining I might as well add that I think it's time for a new pair of shoes. I think I have over 300 miles on my Merrell's. I give them one more month tops.

No comments:

Post a Comment