Monday, August 16, 2010

Mishaps of Marathon Training: Sliding on Concrete

Early this morning, before sunrise, I went for a five mile run. The route I chose, had a stretch of darkness. So, somewhere around mile three I was running on the side of the road in the dark, no street lights.

I thought I had a handle on it. I wasn't running in the street, I was running on the grass, facing oncoming traffic. I saw a car approaching my direction and as it approached me it began to disrupt my vision....so much that I couldn't see anything. Stupid car blinded me with its headlights. BRIGHT HEADLIGHTS!

Before I knew it, the grass met the pavement and I tripped and scrapped both knees. Oh, it burned! I was so mad! I started yelling. Luckily, I slid on the concrete, like a slipping slide (luckily?) I guess what I'm trying to say is, it could have been worse. My knees didn't plummet the concrete.

I should recover from this injury in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment