Saturday, July 17, 2010

Perhaps, My Worst Run to Date

Distance: 11 miles
Duration: 01:49:00
Average Pace Per Mile: 10:37
Temperature: Around 74 degrees.

11 miler
Recently, maybe in the last month, I've had stomach issues during my long runs. I don't know what the deal is. This morning was the worst it has EVER been. Around mile five, I started to get strong stomach cramps. The kind that make you want to stop in your tracks. I was stuck on the trail with a porta-potty four miles away. I should know better....

The last two runs I started carrying toilet paper with me, sealed in a ziplock bag for emergency's and guess what? The one time I actually needed it, I didn't have it with me! It sounds comical and gross, but this is the life of a runner....well, a distance runner. To make a long story short, I made it safely to the porta-potty. Big SIGH...

I never want to deal with that kind of dilemma ever again. It was terrible. I think dairy products may be the source of my bathroom woes, so I'm going to cut dairy out of my diet, the day before leading up to my long run.

Despite all that, I feel like I'm getting a little bit of my speed back. Yay!
11 Miler in the Early Morning

No comments:

Post a Comment