Thursday, June 17, 2010

Stress Free Potty Training

Cheyenne is at the age where she is starting to tell me when she needs to go potty. "Mommy, need go potty!" Trey's mom started working with her a few weeks ago and I think it's really paying off. At home, she will tell me when she needs to go. Sometimes she sits on her little toilet and goes and other times she just sits there and smiles. Sometimes she pees on the tile. Great.

She's still in diapers and I don't pressure her or get mad at her when she doesn't make it to the potty on time. I think this is a good approach, especially considering her age. 

I'm excited that Erin's daughter, Bria, is about the same age as Chey. This should help with consistency at home and daycare when she starts working with both of them. So, that's where we are at. I'm hoping that by two Chey will be out of diapers. She is my first child, so I don't know how realistic this goal is, but it's worth trying. I will keep you posted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment