Wednesday, June 30, 2010

P90X First Impression

Instead of starting the program on Monday, I started it last night. Trey went to a baseball game and I had the house to myself and figured I'd workout. I completed the 50 minute chest and back exercise and later found out I needed to continue with the ab ripper. I'm not sure how long that segment takes, but I'm not sweating it. Earlier that morning, I ran five miles. Pretty sure, I got my exercise in for that day! The Anderson P90X program "officially" starts, next week. 


Equipment 
I didn't realize how much equipment you need to start this program. Yoga mat, normal size chair (not a bar stool), pull up bar and/or resistance bands, dumb bells (again) and/or a resistance bands. There are also other items that are not necessary, but makes life a little easier - gloves, heart rate monitor, and push-up stands. I think our neighbor is going to let us borrow his weights. That would be wonderful. Eventually, I would like to invest in a nice set.


Goals
Like most women, I don't want to get all ripped. My ultimate goal is to get more toned in my abs and build upper strength. My arms are so weak, it's pathetic. Currently, I can only do one unassisted chin-up. How many can you do? I'm sure it's more than one!


Nutrition
I've never cared too much for counting calories, but I figured it would be in my best interest to at least start entertaining the idea, since I'm marathon training + P90X. I don't want to deprive myself of nutrition and I certainly don't want to over eat. Before doing the math, I guessed I needed about 2,000 calories per day. NO. Apparently, I need 2,400! and that's only based on doing P90X that day - that does not include running! GASP! Say I run that morning and do P90X in the evening....I guess I'll need around 2,800 calories. Wow. 


Meals
Later, I'll post pictures of the food we've been eating over the course of the week. The other night, I got my camera out and started snapping photos of my plate. Trey said, "Nobody wants to see that!" And then he encouraged me to continue, since Brandon will most likely start the P90X program. He said, "Yeah, go ahead so Brandon can see all the CRAP he has to eat." Can you tell, Trey is enjoying the food? 

No comments:

Post a Comment