Saturday, March 20, 2010

Nike+ SportBand You Disappoint Me

Today, is the first day of spring and a cold front has moved through. Welcome to Texas. Instead of running outside, I ran on the dreadmill.

Distance: 6 miles
Duration: 58:55
Average Pace Per Mile: 09:49
Temperature: Outside it was 34 and rainy - Inside it was nice a comfortable
Wind: Just the wind from the fan blowing on me
Notes: I decided to run inside because it had been raining all night long and it was still raining throughout the morning.

I'm still using the Nike+ Sportband and I am extremely disappointed. It constantly over estimates my distance. After Thursday's 4 mile run it over estimated by .25 and today it over estimated by nearly a mile! It seems like the farther I run the more it goes off the deep end! I give it a grade F. I will continue to try to tweak the calibration, but honestly I have little faith that it will ever be accurate. Should've bought a Garmin. Yeah right, those things are like 300 bucks.

The most accurate running accessory I've used is MotionX GPS. But even that has its flaws. If it's a cloudy day the GPS acts all funky. Still, at least the mileage, distance, and pace are right on track. I think I'm going to use that on my long runs. Back to MotionX GPS I go!

1 comment:

  1. I would love a Garmin too, but I am afraid of spending that much and being disappointed. For now I am sticking with driving the distance and then timing myself.

    ReplyDelete