Friday, March 05, 2010

Couch to Ultra

Trey is training for an ultra marathon. Yeah. After COWTOWN, he said, "I want to run the 5K next year." And then somehow that plan changed to ULTRA Marathon. WHAT? I told him there is not really a training guide for couch to ULTRA. However there are a ton of resources for couch to 5K. His training started this week and he slept through both of his runs. But he has a good excuse. He's been helping the Peterson's update their kitchen, which means staying up late. I will keep you updated on his training.

Morning Dreadmill -- Update
It takes a lot to get out of bed early in the morning. The mornings that I'm training, I have an internal dialogue with myself. "Okay, this is not normal. Waking up at this ungodly time to run. What's wrong with you?" and then I answer with, "The sooner you do this, the sooner you're done. You won't regret it and you'll feel better because you did it."

Just a few more times doing this routine and it'll be like brushing my teeth. Maybe. That's how my evening runs were. I just did it. I didn't think about it. Morning running is more complicated. Although, I have to say it feels amazing to be at work, ready to start my day, having already ran 4 miles. Talk about productivity.

No comments:

Post a Comment