Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Complete Race Results are Posted

It's Wednesday and the complete results are finally posted.
In my age group 25-30 year olds, I placed 3rd out of 132 female runners. Wow, I look tired in this photo and this was taken before the race. 

The next race I will run will be the Fort Worth Zoo Run 10K. Chad's brother, Clay will also be there and he thinks we should run together. He recently won first place in his age group in Get your Rear in Gear 10K. He's probably an 8 minute mile runner or faster. I could probably keep up for the first 2 miles, but I don't know if I could carry through for 6. Trey thinks I should give it a try. Easy for him to say.


After this race, I think I'm going to take a break from racing for a while. I really miss my long runs on the weekends. It's hard to run a 3 or 6 mile race and then later that weekend try to sneak in more mileage, say 8 to 10 miles.

By the way, Trey is still waking up early and going to the gym five days a week. For the first few weeks, he was gaining weight (muscle?), but now the pounds are falling off. I'm so happy for him. Go Trey and keep it up!

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome! I bet it feels good to place. Wish I could have seen you do it! Good job!

    ReplyDelete