Monday, February 22, 2010

Windy Run & Injury Report

My Weekend "Long Run"
Distance: 4.5 miles
Duration: 48:28
Average Pace Per Mile: 10:46
Weather Conditions: WINDY!!!! So windy I almost blew away. Not really, but you get the point.
Weather Conditions
I planned on running 8 miles, but I have been dealing with an injury. A week before Cowtown and I'm injured. I believe my shoes are to blame. I've exceeded the miles in both shoes: Brooks and Merrell's. Looking back on the race I just ran, I should've known it was time for a new pair.

I talked with Chad, my friend and Merrell rep and he said he'd be happy to send me another pair. What a blessing. The shoes should be arriving this week. If they are not here by Thursday, I'm making my way to a running store and purchasing a new pair to guarantee I have comfortable shoes for Saturday's race.

I really don't know what kind of shoes I will be receiving. I just know they will be Merrell's, a stability shoe, size 7, and I guess that's all I need to know. I've been so pleased with my current shoes, I'm just sad I didn't replace them sooner, so I wouldn't be dealing with this injury. The injury itself isn't that painful, it's just uncomfortable with a little bit of pain. The bottom of feet hurt, especially my heels.

No comments:

Post a Comment