Thursday, February 18, 2010

Trial Run: Treadmill Running in the Wee Hours of the Morning

I’m thinking about changing my weekday-training schedule, from evenings to mornings. And by morning, I mean before work, so for most people, that would still be night-time running. I should also mention, this is treadmill running. BLAH.

This morning was my first run on this new schedule and I have to say it was nice. And as fun as running in place can be. I’m a morning person anyways, so getting up a little early and running four miles before my day starts--is a good option for me. I’m just getting tired of passing up time with Trey, in the evenings to run for 45 minutes. I've been doing this for almost a year and it's getting old and I don't want to resent running. If I continue to run mornings, I need to move the treadmill from the bedroom to the guest room. Sorry guests, but I have no choice. Well, actually I considered putting it in the laundry room. Yeah, it would fit too…the laundry room is still an option. For now, it will most likely go in the guest room. Trey will appreciate me moving to another room, so he can sleep in.

So I won’t go crazy…
I need to see about getting a TV connection in the guest room. The treadmill has a built in TV monitor, but we don’t have the room set-up for TV watching…This will change. This morning while I was running on the mill (in the bedroom) I tuned in to ABC’s America This Morning. Who said there is nothing good on TV at 4:30 am? Seriously, that is a pretty good news program and I really like Vinita Nair and Jeremy Hubbard. I also need to see about getting a DVI/Video adapter, so I can stream Netflix from my laptop.

The Big Picture
I would really like to add a sunroom to our back porch and use that area as an exercise room. Trey and I also considered buying a Murphy bed for the guest room, but that was before we priced them. Those beds are crazy expensive, it may be more cost effective to add a sunroom. Surprising, I know. I’m still not going to rule out the Murphy bed….

No comments:

Post a Comment