Tuesday, February 23, 2010

IKEA Trip & Energy Efficient Light Bulbs

If you’ve ever been to IKEA you know you really need to make a day trip out of it. Well, yesterday evening we met up with Chad and Katy and made an evening trip out there. We closed the store down, literally. We were the last customers in there. Chad and Katy are in the process of updating their kitchen and Trey went to help with the loading/unloading and I went along for the ride.

It’s easy to get inspired when you see the IKEA showroom. I didn’t get anything big, instead I got a few small organizational pieces. I also found some hooks to go in the mudroom. I want to place it under the mirror, so Cheyenne can use it to hang her jackets.

While I’m on the topic of home living, Trey and I are in the process of changing all our yellow light bulbs to energy efficient daylight bulbs. So, far we have all of the living space converted and one bathroom. I don’t know what kind of home lighting you prefer, but I really like the daylight-white lighting. Some of the new bulbs, especially in the kitchen and living room are dim when they are initially powered on, but after a few minutes they warm up and get brighter. I guess that’s one way they save energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment