Saturday, January 16, 2010

Gastroenteritis

Yesterday morning I woke up with a headache. I ignored it and went to work and it progressively got worse. Later in the afternoon, I started feeling extremely nauseous, so I decided I would leave a few minutes early. I was driving on the Interstate and I lost my lunch! I grabbed a bag, just in time, but it was still pretty messy.

When I got to Leah's house she opened the door and her jaw dropped, when she saw me. I looked terrible. Once I got home it only got worse. I started to vomit blood. After talking to a nurse she recommended I go to the emergency room. I didn't want to go, but Trey basically made me. Once I was at the ER the physician said it's not uncommon to vomit blood, wow didn't know that. It only becomes an issue if it's large amounts, like over a cup. I was diagnosed with gastroenteritis, basically a stomach virus. The nurse gave me three shots and one shot in the hip that hurt like hell. I pride myself in taking shots well, but this one I cried like a baby....it stung, it burned, it hurt. The nurse didn't even warn me it was going to hurt she just stabbed me.

I was so disappointed, because this morning I was going to co-host a baby shower with Erin, for Chip and Amanda. It was suppose to be at my house. I had been looking forward to the shower for months. Erin and Serena really stepped up. Serena hosted the shower at her house and Erin helped take care of all the details. I hear they had a great turn out, considering the last minute location change. I know you can't plan when to get sick, but last weekend would've been nice. I also missed an evening surprise party for another friend.

After sleeping most of the morning and afternoon, I feel like I'm getting better. I might even go to church tomorrow. Trey has been really helpful. He took care of Cheyenne all day long. He even detailed the car, while watching Chey. That's impressive.

1 comment: