Sunday, December 20, 2009

Lesson Learned: Need Better Running Gloves

Distance: 10 miles
Total Time: 1:49:05
Average Pace Per Mile: 10 mins 54 secs
Temperature:33 degrees

My internal thought process this morning, before sunrise.
Is is really time to get up and go running? But it's so warm inside and I'm still sleepy. I don't have to go. I should sleep in, besides it's too cold outside. Okay, if I go, I'm only going to run EIGHT. Okay, maybe NINE. Okay, TEN. Let's do this.
10 Mile Run This morning it was so cold and a layer of frost covered everything. Even after running for almost 2 hours, I came home and saw the frost on the mailbox still hanging on.
Frost on the Mailbox This morning, I was cold and then within a few minutes I was nice and cozy. The wind wasn't blowing too bad, so I was comfortable. I wore a hoodie for the first time, this season, but by eight miles I was sweating so, I ran to the house and dropped it off and finished out the rest of my run, hoodie free. By then, it must have been 36 degrees. One thing I learned from this morning, is that I need better gloves. I wear knitted gloves and the cold just seeps through. It felt good to go running so early and before church. I wanted to run yesterday morning, but I'm getting over a mild cold. Everyone here, is getting over a nasty cough. But I was really feeling crappy yesterday morning. Trey knew it was bad when I told him Friday night, "I don't think I'm going running tomorrow morning." His response, "What?!"He knew I felt terrible. Today, I still have a cough, but my head feels right.

No comments:

Post a Comment