Saturday, September 26, 2009

A Wonderful Day

9 Mile Run
Duration 1:31: 46
Average Pace Per Mile 10:09
9 Miles Run
I've always thought that carrying a water bottle, while running, is annoying, but this morning I tried something I never thought I would do: I ran with one. To my surprise, it was great, no it was life changing. The bottle didn't annoy me, in fact, somewhere around mile seven, I was thanking myself for carrying the water. Weird, but true. I know I mentioned something about carrying the camel pack on my runs, but that backpack rubbing on my shoulders for an hour and a half may cause some serious chafing. I think the water bottle is the way to go. It's a reusable bottle I took from Trey's mountain bike.

After my run, I went to church for a lunch event. The event is part of the Women's Ministry. They have it once a year and a host from each table has a themed-round table. The table I sat at had an a Chinese theme. I sat next to Liz, she's my running bud and friend.
           Jubilee of Tables
I left early from that event, because Mom and Frank made a day trip to see us. We ended up at Central Market and some party store. For dinner we grilled some well seasoned chicken and had a hearty vegetable pack. Mmmm so good. It was nice visiting with them, since last time we went out to Abilene, we didn't get to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment