Monday, July 13, 2009

These Shoes Weren't Made for Walking

           Running Shoes
Last month, I set out a plan to start training for a half marathon. The plan is to go slow---gradually building miles every month. Last months training went well; I ran over 50 miles.

I realize I will have to modify the training, so I won't burn out. Originally, I was thinking I could run 7 miles (for my long runs every week this month), but the truth is I need to change that to every other week. Saturday I ran 7, so that means this Saturday I'll aim for 6 and the following go back to 7. For my other 2 runs during the week, I'll still aim for 4 miles minimum.

It seems like the hardest part of training is sticking to the cross training. I really need to start lifting weights. If anyone has free weights collecting dust, I'll take them off your hands. But I have to admit, picking up a 16 lb baby is getting me by--for now. Also, now that I'm running more miles off of the treadmill I want to start running with the camel pack. I believe 6 miles is the minimum I can run without a water break and running 7 miles, Saturday, without H20 was just craziness on my part.

A note about my shoes:
I absolutely love running in my Merrell's! They are my first choice on my long runs and for the short runs, I usually grab the Brooke's.

Here is the playlist for my next run. I downloaded quite a few songs from Chevelle. That seems like the perfect music to pump me up.
Picture 2

No comments:

Post a Comment