Sunday, July 26, 2009

Friends in Town: My Favorite People

Linda and Steve came to town this weekend. We spent the weekend catching up, running, shopping, and eating good food. Trish drove into town, from Abilene to surprise Linda and we also met up with Nick and Allison.

Nick introduced us to a new restaurant (well, it's new to us), Red, Hot, and Blue: Memphis Style BBQ. And the highlight of my shopping experience, buying a suit jacket orginally priced at $168 and getting it for $32---it's amazing. Trey's response when I told him: "You bought another jacket?" What? It's true, I have a weakness for jackets. Other than the shopping experience, another big highlight for me was running with Linda. I enjoy the solitude of running, but this time, it was nice to have someone to talk to for the hour and forty-five minute run.
Friends Visiting
Cheyenne could care less about the camera. She wanted to look at Rusty.
Cheyenne is more interested in Rusty
Steve goes to OSU, so we decided to wear our Texas clothes. I don't think Cheyenne was feeling it. We want to go to the Texas game there in Stillwater.
Go Texas!
Cheyenne got lots of attention this weekend and everyone passed her around. She loved it!
Hey There
We went for a six mile run Saturday morning, at a diferent part of Trinity Trail---that I had never ran before. I love discovering new trails. It breaks up the monotony. I wanted to pick a scenic route because I know Linda and Steve may move here in a few years and I really wanted to show them the best of Fort Worth.
Trinity Trail
This was right off the trail.
Off of the Trail
Here is an old picture of us in High School. Nick and Linda are there to the left, Trish is in the middle and I'm carrying Trey to the right. Old FriendsI think this was Linda's 16th birthday party.

1 comment:

  1. I think your right...sixteenth b-day. Wow, we look so young. I think we've aged well.

    ReplyDelete