Saturday, June 06, 2009

Half Marathon and more on Goucher

It’s months away, but I’m already thinking about the half marathon. Linda and Steve will also participate in the same race. I know Linda will begin training next week, so it’s got us both thinking about a training program.

The training programs I’ve seen are tailored for 8-12 weeks leading up to the race. Whereas, I’m looking for a few months of training---that’s been hard to find.

Here is a loose training program I drafted up for the month of June:
Run 3x’s a wk
Cross Train 1x a wk
Minimum Run 4m
Long Run 1x a wk at 6m

A half marathon consist of 13.1 miles, but I will only train for 12 or maybe 10, depending on how things go. The goal is that by December my long runs will be 12 miles and from that point I have a few weeks to taper off before the race.

It will be interesting to see how this training goes. I'm trying my best to not let the training interfere with family time. Cheyenne has joined me on just about every long run. I think it might be unreasonable to have her on runs lasting more than an hour and a half. Maybe we can designate some daddy daughter time, when the time comes. Running the two 4 mile runs a week should not be a problem. I've already started that regiment this week. I put Cheyenne down for the night, Trey stays behind and then hit the road, that way I don't lose what little awake time I have with her during the weekday.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
More on Kara Goucher
Since I posted that last entry on Goucher, I found a few videos. I thought I'd share this one. The scene with her on the treadmill kind of freaks me out because the resemblance is creepy.


Oh, I've already looked into it, Nike's Believe in the Run campaign, ended in April. Too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment