Monday, May 04, 2009

If You Haven't Heard

If you've been living under a rock, you haven't heard about the swine flu craze, but for the rest of the world, you know how the media is just running this story in the ground. Texas is the big story and Ft. Worth even more so. We've had several cases in the school, so last week the district decided to close for a week. As of now, UTA has not been effected and honestly, I'm not in favor of closing the university because I'm in a time crunch already. I have a video that is due for it's second rough cut by tomorrow.

I can't wait until the summer break because the traffic in the department will slow down, which means fewer interruptions, which means I get more work done!

More on the swine flu:
We have a friend who decided to stay home all weekend because he didn't want to take the chance of being exposed. Trey and I didn't rearrange our weekend on account of the flu. We debated Friday evening whether or not to attend a birthday party. In the end, we went, but showed up wearing face masks as a joke. Everyone thought it was hilarious.

All in all, it was a good weekend. I had Friday off, so I made it a priority to get some miles in. Cheyenne joined me and together we logged 8. That Las Vegas trip really messed up my running goal for the month of April. I lacked 10 miles, so this month I'm trying to make up for it. Each month I aim to run 35 miles and up until April I was doing great.

Sunday was nice. We had Chip, Amanda, and Jacob over. I made enchiladas, which can sometimes be a hit or miss dish. Luckily, the corn tortillas worked with me and the meal was delicious. Trey and I should entertain more often, it was a lot of fun. Cheyenne was such a trooper, I know she was getting hungry, but she patiently waited until after we were done eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment