Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The NAB Conference

So, the trip to Las Vegas was great. The National Association of Broadcasters convention, kept me very busy, but I still had an opportunity to go to the strip and the Fremont Experience. I traveled with my boss and I'm glad she was with me because I don't travel a lot. It also helped that she had been there before.

Here's a picture of the strip.
IMG_9324
This was at the Las Vegas Hilton Hotel, where I stayed.
IMG_9528
The Sport Bar at the Hilton
IMG_9217
And this is the Fremont Experience
IMG_9418
The Bellagio Fountains
IMG_9293

About the Convention:
IMG_9506
You should check out the NAB website, it's pretty cool. You might recognize a few people who attended; Dave Ramsey, Kelsey Grammer, Bud Albers (Disney), Henery Selick (Nightmare Before Christmas), and Mary Tyler Moore.

I was originally signed up for the director of photography workshops, but once I got there, it was apparent I would get more out of the conference if I attended the NAB post production world conference track. I had 2 and a half days of classes, mostly on software education; Final Cut Studio. Final Cut Studio is a video editing software I use at least once a week. I've been using it for years and feel comfortable with it, but going to these workshops taught me how to utilize the entire suite. I focused on Color, Motion, settings and understanding metadata. I'm currently editing a video, so I can't wait to get back and apply this knowledge.

This might be something my department will send me to every year, so I'm exploring the idea, of taking the Final Cut certification class, next time around.

So, I spent the first few days in the classroom and the last day I walked the exhibit floor. There were all kinds of vendors: Canon, JVC, Panasonic, Arri, and my favorite exhibit Sony.
IMG_9488
At the Sony exhibit. They had cameras out to where you could walk up and play.
IMG_9484
IMG_9476

No comments:

Post a Comment