Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Thinking about Running is Not the Same as the Act of Running

I do believe she is in the beginning stages of teething. This is her latest thing; chewing and slobbering. I was convinced she had a tooth trying to make its way through, but the doctor said it was only a cyst. Yesterday, when I picked her up, from childcare, I found her chewing on a hard toy....I'm telling you she was getting after it!

I think Cheyenne is still in spring break mode. During the break she got in a very good habit of sleeping 12 hours straight. I loved it! It was wonderful and now that we're back to our normal routine, I'm having to wake her up again. Yesterday, she was mad at me, but today she did better and she actually gave me a smile once she opened her eyes.


In other news, I have a 10K this weekend. I know another one. What's wrong with me? I think I'm addicted to running. Actually, over spring break, I was planning on logging a lot of miles, but that didn't happen. I only got 1 mile here, 2 miles there, nothing too impressive. I thought about running a lot, that should count for something.

When I got in Monday, I ran 3 miles in race mode and it was exhausting, so Saturday's race should be interesting. I like setting time goals, but this time I might make an exception. You never know how it's going to be until your out there. I hear this weekend a cold front is moving through. Of course it is. We have spring weather for a week or two and then on race day the temperature takes a nose dive. Of course.

1 comment:

  1. Don't you just hate this crazy weather!! I have been so bad about running this week and last. Ugghh! Hopefully, I will get to run tonight! I want to, but...well, you know!

    ReplyDelete