Saturday, March 28, 2009

Run to Joe's 10K

Trey is back in town! He got in Friday evening. It's good to have him home. He's been working in Abilene for last 2 weeks. Now he's back and we're glad to have him.

This morning, I had my race and since it was cold and windy Cheyenne and Trey stayed home. We could've asked someone to watch her, but Trey really missed her and I knew it would be best for them to stay behind.

Despite the cold weather and being by myself, I had a blast. Before the race started a group of runners gathered in the courtyard for a dance warm up. There was a PA system with music blasting and everyone, including myself danced to stay warm. I think it helped because when it was time to start, I was good to go.

Race results have not been posted, but my unofficial time: 1 hr 4 mins. I will post the official results later.

Last year, I ran Joe's 5K. This year they offered a 10K option, I guess since they had a good turn out last time. I thought about running the 5K again, but I really want to work on adding more miles to my runs, so I signed up for the 10. I'm glad I did, because the course was great! I saw parts of Ft. Worth I had never seen. I ran through a historic neighborhood and through the medical district.

This was after the race. Run to Joe's always has the best post-race party. They had a handful of vendors handing out free food. It was so good, but not all of it was healthy. One booth gave out huge chocalate chip cookies, nothing says reward like that. I went to the booths that offered tamales, vegetable rice, pitas, and coffee.



In other news, I'm bunny shopping for Cheyenne, for her easter portraits. I also need to find her a nice easter dress.

While we were at the store, Trey showed her this bunny that sang and moved its ears. Poor Cheyenne didn't know what to make of it. I didn't like any of the bunnies I saw today, maybe I'll have better luck next time I go shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment