Saturday, March 14, 2009

A Nasty Cough

Cheyenne has developed a nasty cough. No fever, just a cough and a lot of snot. Even though her cough sounds bad, she has managed to be in good spirits.

She slept fine last night and the cough didn't keep her awake. She's already in bed for the night and so far she's doing great.

Earlier, I called the nurse hotline and there's not much I can give her at this point, since she's not running a fever and she's not in any pain. But there were some things we could do around the house to try to help her get over it. We put a humidifier in her room, levitated her mattress (so the bed is at an angle) and we also gave her some saline drops.

I have the same cough she has and I feel like I'm getting over it, so I'm hoping tomorrow she'll be back to normal. This isn't the best way to start spring break, but at least if it's going to happen, it might as well be at the beginning of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment