Monday, March 23, 2009

4 month Check-up & Portraits

This morning I took Cheyenne to the doctors office for her 4 month check-up.

She weighs 12 lbs. 14 oz. and she's measuring 23.5 inches long.

The nurse gave her 2 shots and of course she cried. I gave her some pain reliever once we got home and she's doing great.

Other than that, Cheyenne and I have been enjoying our last day of spring break and earlier, I found time to take a few pictures of her. I try to take nice portraits of her every month.

It's a little untraditional, but I haven't taken her to get any studio portraits done. Since, I have all the tools, I might as well take them myself. Plus, you never know what you're gonna get in a studio environment (with somebody else taking them). I've talked to other Mom's about it and some have mentioned they feel rushed and it's hard to change their babies outfits within the limited time frame. Also, if your baby is having a rough day, then chances are, it may be hard to get them to react to the camera.

The upside of me taken them: I can easily gauge her mood and then determine the best time to grab the camera and start snapping away.

Whey I get a chance I want to play around with the coloring of this picture. Yeah, when I have time....




This weekend, I barely got around to getting out her newborn and other pictures to family members. I printed out wallet size pictures of my favorite portraits and handed and mailed them out to everyone. I think they look really good and it was really affordable. I even printed out an 8X10 portrait of her and it turned out amazing. To add more detail to the print, I added a thick white border.

The only thing I regret is not being able to take a good family picture of Trey and I with her. Heather has been meaning to take pictures of us, but she's been really busy with her move. This spring we were planning on making a trip to the Botanical Gardens. Those pictures, should be really colorful!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:13 PM

    She has so much personality and precious looks! What a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete