Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Asking For Help is Okay

Cheyenne was doing so good eating and then all of a sudden she refused to take me. I started to get frustrated because I was having to pump and mess with bottles. I didn't mind when she was in NICU, but now that she's home, I didn't want to continue that routine, so I contacted a local voluenteer with La Leche League.

LLL is an international, nonprofit, nonsectarian organization dedicated to providing education, information, support, and encouragement to women who want to breastfeed.

The woman who taught the breast feeding class, I attended a few months ago, is also a volunteer of LLL, so I called her and she was more than wiling to come over to the house. Within, 5 minutes of working with us, Cheyenne latched on and the problem was solved. Amazing! I kept telling Cheyenne when she was fussy, "You're going to have to try a little harder, if you want me to stop. I'm not giving up on you."

I guess one thing I'm learning about this chapter of life, is that it's okay to ask for help. Whether it be help with meals, cleaning, running errands, and even breast feeding. It's okay.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:43 PM

    Hey Dom, it's Jasmine from work I just wanted to says Congratz!!!!!!!!!!!!! And welcom e baby Cheyenne. See you soon and hope that all remains well with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:43 PM

    Thats one of the many things that makes you such a wonderful mother! You dont give up!!! She is beautiful and congrats again! Glad she is home.

    ReplyDelete