Thursday, September 25, 2008

Say Hello to False Labor

I never anticipated feeling achy during pregnancy, but that is exactly what I've been experiencing. Fortunately, the pain comes and goes.

Even though I'm still working out on the elliptical, I figured it might be a little better to do some walking, on the days when I'm not on the machine.

So, yesterday I went on a long walk. As I was walking, Trey was driving by in his work van. To make him laugh, I thought it would be funny if I started running. I'm sure I looked hilarious being pregnant bouncing up and down and strapped with 2 welsh corgi's. As soon as he passed by I stopped running, not because I wanted to, but mainly because I figured I looked ridiculous. Plus, it's not easy carrying all this extra weight.

Later during the walk, I thought I was in the beginning stages of labor, but later dismissed the pain as Braxton Hicks contractions. The best way to describe the pain is to compare it to serious menstrual cramps. It was an unpleasant feeling. When I told Trey he laughed and said, try to imagine that feeling times 10 when you're actually in labor.

SUPER!

Like he would know, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment