Saturday, June 14, 2008

Custom Unit in the Nursery

Trey is building a custom window seat and bookshelf unit in the nursery. Last night, we went to Lowe's and picked up all the materials and today we've spent the day working on it. Most of the morning was spent building the main frame that will support the entire bookshelf and seat. Trey is doing most of the work and I'm just assisting in any way that I can.

This project may take a week or two for us to complete, not to mention...painting the thing when it's all done. Trey and I prefer not to paint this, so we're going to hire some professional painters.

Oh, and about our room, it's obviously on the back burner. Some mornings I wake up and just stare at the unfinished paint job and I have no choice but to laugh.

Here are some pictures of the nursery project.
This entire wall will host the new unit.

Trey working on the main frame.

Trey getting after it.

Here is the progress we made.

Trey is still working in the garage and I understand we have to make another run to Lowe's and get some kind of tool. Earlier, we ran out of screws, so I had to hop on the scooter and run down to Tractor and Supply. Oh, and it was so hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment