Monday, March 03, 2008

Keep on Trucking

Trey and I have finally settled and we’re ready to start looking for a church home. We visited the church across the street from our community. I’m so glad we did because it felt like our old church in Buffalo Gap. It’s smaller and the classes only have a few couples, so I didn’t feel lost in the crowd.

I met this really nice girl about the same age as me. Trey was there while we were chatting and out of nowhere he points at me and tells the girl, “She needs a friend.” His intentions were good, but it was embarrassing, no it was embarrassing and then once I got over it, I got a good laugh. The girl then asked if I like scrap booking and I started to say not really, but then Trey said, oh yeah, she does! I was thinking, I do? She invited me to a scrap book meeting and I can tell you right now I don’t plan on going. I did meet another girl and she invited me to hang out with them in a few weeks. I might take her up on that.

So, later that night I meet Cortnee at Chilis. She and I got a good laugh about how she’s my only friend around here. She said that she doesn’t have many friends either. I don’t believe it.

She offered to hook me up with some of her friends in Ft. Worth and I said no. What am I a charity case? I’d rather have a group of good friends than a lot of acquaintances. Quality over quantity, please. It’ll happen soon. In the meantime, I’ll just keep on trucking.

No comments:

Post a Comment