Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Laptop for Work

My laptop needs are the following:
Primarily a portable graphic station and the option for light video editing.

Originally, I jumped all over the idea of getting a MacBook Air, but then I picked my brain off the floor and did my research.

On the MacBook Air, I quickly realized it's a businessman's laptop. I didn't plan on editing video on the Air, but it would be nice to have that option. In my opinion, Air is not designed to do any type of professional video editing. Two main things made me run in the opposite direction; no firewire and only 2 GB upgrade option of memory.

Ultimately, I order the MacBook Pro. Maybe when Apple can make a MBP as thin as the MBA I'll upgrade, until then I'm satisfied with my choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment