Wednesday, February 27, 2008

If the Shoe Fits, Wear It

Currently, I’m reading John Binghams: No Need for Speed and learning more than enough about the ins and outs of running. For instance, I would’ve never thought to examine my shoes.

Earlier, I pulled out my sneakers, which are really walking shoes, but that’s a different entry in itself…Anyways, I looked over my shoes and it’s obvious to see my heels get a beating. Now that I have this knowledge, I know the next pair of shoes I purchase, should have lots of support in the heel.

Can you see the wear down-there to the right?

The last time I wrote I wasn’t feeling great. Well, the medication the doctor gave me really helped and yesterday I felt so good I went for a run. Corky joined me and without effort we ran 3 miles in 34 minutes. It felt really good because I wanted to and I didn’t feel the pressure of the clock. Don’t get me wrong I’m not done with running races, no I feel like I’ve just discovered something that I’m really good at---- and something I really enjoy. There is definitely more to come.



Another pic of race day. What you can't tell from this picture is that I'm freezing!

No comments:

Post a Comment