Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Cowtown's 5K Race

Every year, Fort Worth holds a huge race downtown. There are several race categories: ultra marathon, marathon, 10K, 5K, etc.When I first heard about this event, I knew I had to sign-up for the 5K.

I've been training for 4 weeks.
Week 1: Jogging 1 mile
Week 2: Jogging 2 miles
Week 3: Jogging 2.5 miles
Week 4: Jogging 3 miles (this is where I’m currently at in training)
Final Week: Run 3 miles

Originally, I was thinking I was just running to run, but after a few weeks of training, I know I’m in this to compete.

Next Saturday is race day and Trey has been a huge source of motivation. Yesterday he walked as I lapped him and later he jumped on the scooter and drove up beside me to say, “You’re falling behind. Come on” He’s pushing me and encouraging me to run especially on the days when I don’t feel like it.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you did well in the race. I am planning to do it next year, and i havent talked to anyone who has done it before. I also do photography, but I am not lucky enough to do it as my profession yet.

    ReplyDelete