Monday, November 05, 2007

All About the Move

This weekend we moved from our itty bitty efficiency apartment to our brand new home. The move was fast and for the most part painless. Some good things came from the move and then one bad thing.

The good stuff first:
Friday, Trey hitched a trailer to his work van and headed to Sam's Club to purchase our washer and dryer. He knew exactly what I wanted. The appliances weren't anything fancy, just your standard washer and dryer, which means the cheapest thing they had in stock. Hey, I'm happy as long as it cleans my clothes. So, Trey purchased the appliances, headed home, unloaded both of them, opened the dryer and noticed somebody made a mistake. The dryer we paid for only cost us $295 and the dryer they gave us was a front load dryer valued at $799. Oops on them. I told my mom and she said we should call them because they might charge our card, but I told her they had no way of tracing us because Trey paid with cash. Trey thought about it and figured the best thing to do would be to call Sam's Club. He got a hold of an employee and he said it was their mistake and we didn't have to take it back. My conscious is cleared. Our appliances don't match, but who cares because I have a sweet dryer with all the options.

The other good thing I mentioned in one of last weeks post. I didn't go into much detail, but when we went to closing someone forgot to add a $500 credit to our closing cost, which means we walked away with more change in our pockets.

Now the bad:
As we all know my husband is crazy for football. 2 weeks in advance he set up our Dish satellite service to be transferred and hooked up on Saturday. If you don't know Saturday's college football all day long. Trey was a little paranoid about the order so he called and confirmed the order a week later. Yeah, we have had an unpleasant instillation history with Dish. So, Saturday the technician came to our house and to make a long story short they screwed up again. On the spot Trey cancelled our service and within hours signed up with Dish's competitor, Direct TV. The one thing I learned this weekend is don't mess with a man's football watching or he'll hurt you where it hurts the most, your pocket book. I'm sure taking our business away from Dish won't hurt them, but if they treat all there customers the way they've treated us they will soon be out of business. Fo Showww....

No comments:

Post a Comment