Monday, October 15, 2007

Trip Back Home

This weekend just flew by. Friday, Trey and I drove to Abilene to spend time with family and friends. Friday night we stayed with Brandon and Saturday we stayed at Johnny and Joneil’s house. I overheard Trey telling someone the only reason why we made the trip was because he wanted to watch the Cowboys game at Johnny’s. It’s always about football with Trey, that’s okay because I had a chance to see everyone.

Well, the entire weekend was great, until I got home. I checked my voicemail and it was Linda. I could immediately hear it in her voice something was wrong. Her mother, Marianne Angell pasted away Saturday. It was only a few months ago Linda found out her mom had cancer.

And it must have been back in April when Trey and I invited Linda and Steve over for a BBQ. At the last minute she cancelled the date because her family was having an emergency meeting. Later that night, she called to say they found out her mom had been diagnosed with cancer. I just can’t believe it and I wish I was with Linda in person to tell her I’m sorry. The funeral is tomorrow and my mom will attend and take flowers on behalf of Trey and I. Please pray for the Angell family.

No comments:

Post a Comment