Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I’m Just Resting My Eyes

Since football season started, I rarely get to indulge in vegging out in front of the tube. Sunday, Trey watches at least 3 games, Monday is of coarse Monday night football, Thursday, I think there’s something going on (not completely sure), and Saturday there is nonstop college ball. Oh, and don’t even get me started on NFL reply. That leaves me with Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday to get my TV watching on. Tuesday’s, I occasionally go to my photography class, Wednesday’s my schedule makes it to where by the time I get home I don’t watch much of the tube, and Friday is date night. I honestly have umpteenth episodes of Rachel Ray on the DVR and slowly, but surely I always manage to sneak in my Oprah shows.

Even when Trey’s sleeping he wants to watch football. Last night he fell asleep watching the Indianapolis game. The remote was resting ever so slightly in his hand, that’s when I stole it and changed the channel. About a minute later, he woke up and asked why we were watching the news…. “Because you were sleeping.” His response, “No, I’m just resting my eyes.” (Classic)

He insisted I change the channel back to the game so he could finish watching the last few minutes. Judging by the score at the 4th quarter, Indianapolis was obviously going to win, but Trey just had to watch it. He had to, even if it meant watching it with both eyes closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment