Friday, October 26, 2007

I Got the Maroon 5 GIG !!!!!!

I had never heard of the IATSE Union (International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees) before this week. Apparently, my boss is a card carrying Union member anyways, ...A few days ago she came into work and told me she turned down her IATSE agent when he called her and asked if she wanted to be a stage-hand for the Maroon 5 concert. When she told me she turned down the weekend gig I freaked out and asked how do I sign-up.

So, earlier today I called the agent and said I'm available, and my background is primarily in video production. He told me they had a full crew, but if somebody dropped, he would keep me in mind. A few hours later he asked, "Do you still want to be a stage-hand for the Maroon 5 Concert?" YES! YES! YES! He said okay, bring your tools. Tools? This is going to be interesting, fun, exciting, amazing and a very long morning and it's going to end the following morning. Oh, and I get paid. It's GOOD pay too! Excellent! The way my boss explained it to me there will be different departments: electrical, audio, lights, video, etc. I really hope I get placed in the video department because that means I will get to stay for the concert! That would be awesome! Okay I've got to get sleep because it's going to be a full morning, afternoon, night, and then morning.

Depending on how this show goes and if I like it, I will request for the Union to leave me on there call list for future gigs.

This is definitely the highlight of my week!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:18 AM

    There are now chances to get Maroon 5 Tickets even for the sold out concerts

    ReplyDelete