Thursday, August 30, 2007

Welcome to State University

Business is booming and anyone can tell you parking is a pain if you come to work mid morning like I did. I’m recording and encoding (for internet streaming) a class throughout the semester and occasionally my schedule makes it to where I get here a little later than normal. With that being said, I found myself driving around the parking lot for 30 MINUTES looking for a parking spot. I finally gave up in my department’s general parking and parked 3 blocks away from my office. Even when I finally found a spot I had to fight for it….welcome to a state university.

Currently, I’m wrapping up all photo and video editing, but not without interruptions every 10 minutes. Oh I digrees… I don’t mean to complain, but I guess I really needed to vent about parking.

Besides being aggravated with parking, I’m still loving work. Last week the department launched my virtual tour and we celebrated the opening of the Smart Hospital™. I was the official photographer for that event. I would’ve never thought I’d be a professional photographer, but I’ll take it on and grow with it. My boss and I chat often about how it’s almost unbelievable that we get paid to do this kind of work. I genuinely enjoy coming to work everyday and my boss is always cheering on our creative team. Even though I’m fairly new to the professional world of photography, I’m no dummy, but I do have general questions that need answering. When we purchased my Canon from Wolf Camera, they offered free photography classes and tonight I plan on attending. The first lesson is photography in relation to video, sounds like some general knowledge I could use. I already have several question about my camera…mainly related to the flash. I hate shooting with the flash, but with some photo opts there is no way around it…or is there? Well, I’ll find out tonight.

Oh, earlier I was talking about growing with photography; there are other areas I want to professionally grow as well. Specifically web publishing, but that beast will have to wait until next semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment