Thursday, July 26, 2007

Building the American Dream

After viewing dozens of homes in the surrounding DFW area, we decided it would be in our best interest to build one. Well, I’m not literally building the house instead we’re having a professional build it in a developing community.

The best part about this builder is he’s designing the exteriors of the homes to look like older homes. Sounds like the perfect match for Trey and I. We selected an elevation that looks similar to a brick bungalow. It’ll be so cute.

Another big selling point for us is the house will be a very green home, which means our electric bill will be low. Also the HVAC will be nice too, but Trey could probably go into more detail about that than I can. All I know it will equal nice utility savings.

I’m excited and can’t wait for them to start building. I plan on documenting the entire build and if the weather plays out right we should move in by mid-November. Wow, these builders move fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment