Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Hands Down, But Not When You're Driving

You know those days when you get in the car and you feel like turning up the radio and singing to your favorite song as loud as you can? Well, earlier today I had to drive out of town to record a legal deposition. On my way home I was thinking of my junior year of high school and popped in a familiar tune of Dashboard. I reached over and cranked-up the radio and screamed the lyrics at the top of my lungs:

"Hands down this is the best day I can ever remember,
I'll always remember the sound of the stereo,
the dim of the soft lights,
the scent of your hair that you twirled in your fingers
and the time on the clock when we realized it's so late
and this walk that we shared together.
The streets were wet
and the gate was locked so I jumped it,
and I let you in.
And you stood at your door with your hands on my waist
and you kissed me like you meant it.
And I knew that you meant it,
that you meant it"

I'm so glad nobody was driving near my vehicle. I'm sure I looked like a mad women. But you know, it felt so good singing. It was great. I strongly recommend it.

2 comments:

  1. I feel you on the singing out loud thing. I also like that song very much as well. Sometimes you just gotta do something, no matter how funny it must look to those around you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my car currently lacks a stereo. It stinks.

    ReplyDelete