Sunday, October 08, 2006

An Audio Cord Saves the Day


An engaged couple contacted me days before their wedding and requested my video service. At first, I didn’t want to record it because there are better things I could be doing with my time, like staring at the ceiling for 20 minutes before I roll out of bed, sitting at home vegging out in front of the tube, and of course making my weekly grocery list (all very important things). Instead of saying no, I said, “Why not?”

The ceremony was running late and I noticed the groom looked anxious. For a moment I thought the bride wasn’t going to attend, but apparently the audio guy told him he didn’t have a specific cord to play the ceremony music. I was eavesdropping on the conversation because I had the groom mic’ed. It never fails, I always go to weddings over prepared with tons of audio cables JUST IN CASE. This time was a just in case occasion. Luckily, I had the right audio cable and it made me feel really good to know that if I didn’t have the cord they would’ve gone without the music, which would’ve been really awkward.

No comments:

Post a Comment