Saturday, August 12, 2006

TV Junkie


It's funny how we can go most of the year without cable, but when football season is here Trey insists it's a necessity we cannot live without. This year we opted for Dish Network and my eyes are bloodshot from watching. I watch because I'm bored and partially because I feel like I have to catch up with the TV world. I've been watching TV for about 2 days and I'm already getting bored with it.

Trey is out of town for a few nights. He went with several men from church to Promise Keepers, a Christian men's retreat. He touched base with me last night and it seems like he's having a ton of fun. It's sort-of scary being at home by myself, but last night my mom came over and we watch two movies before I went to bed. And to let the time fly, before she came over, I watched The Notebook. I managed to watch it by myself and cried like a baby because it's so heartfelt.

About the job thing, it's hard being rejected, but it's their mistake not mine. I'm a great worker and I thank God for something else. As they say, I'm still on the market...the job market, that is. Well, I'm going to have as much fun as I can before my summer ends officially forever!

P.S. It looks like it's gonna rain so this morning I drove the car and I didn't realize how much I missed listening to music while I drive. I cranked up the stereo and yelled out lyrics from the Starting Line as loud as I could: "SNAP BACK INTO FORMATION AND GET TO WORK, UNTIL THE JOB GETS DONE. EVERYONE'S GETTING READY, 'CAUSE THEY'VE BEEN WAITING FOR FRIDAY NIGHT."
It felt good. I have to say everyone should use music as a stress reliever.

No comments:

Post a Comment