Thursday, August 17, 2006

Stop Feeding Me Junk

ACU human resources hired me to tape an event yesterday and they feed me too. I was so hungry that I tried to convince myself the food was good. I'm usually really good about clearing my whole plate, but this time I just couldn't do it.

Later that night Trey and I were running late to Wednesday night church and I knew we had to eat beforehand because after class we had band practice. We stopped by Sonic and I ate a greasy hamburger, fries, and a soda. I told Trey no soda, but he insisted. Since I stopped drinking sodas I've realized when I occasionally drink one it burns my throat. It really hurts, no joke. It feels like acid.

Later, at church I joined the women's group and they had a pot-luck feast. I didn't want to be rude, since it was my first time there, so I grabbed a plate and ate more. It was around 9 o'clock that night, when Trey and I were heading home, he asked me if I wanted to get desert. I just looked at him like he was crazy and I told him my body was telling me to stop feeding it junk.

No comments:

Post a Comment