Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Sad Scenario

This morning I got off of work and came straight home. Everytime I pull into the drive-way my dogs, Daphne and Bruiser, meet me at the fence. This morning Daphne was there, but Bruiser wasn't. I immediately knew something was wrong. I rushed through the fence and around the corner and I saw Bruiser lying down on the concrete. His tail was wagging and he was trying to stand up with his front legs, but couldn't manage to pull himself up. He started crawling with his bottom dragging on the pavement. I tried calling him and luring him in the house which he loves, but nothing helped. He managed to pull himself up temporarily and wobble through the door. He only went a few feet before plopping down. I've never seen him that calm before. I called the vet and Trey and I rushed him over. I don't know what's wrong with him and the vet's not sure either, but after taking some x-rays he thinks something might be wrong with his spinal cord. The vet recommends he be confined to a small space for a month and take medication. Right now Bruiser's in the shop with a massive fan blowing on him and I check on him every hour. It's horrible seeing someone you love in so much pain. I hope tomorrow he'll be up on his feet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment