Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Anorexic Christian: A Vulnerable Posting

Sometimes it takes an event in someone’s life to challenge his or her faith. Maybe a death, a break-up, a serious tragedy, in my case it's a major transition. I'm at that point in my life where all is possible and all is unknown. I recently graduated with the hope of landing the perfect job and with a promise that one was waiting for me. To my surprise, I was crushed to find out not all things work to my advantage. Despite the news I am hopeful and seeking God like never before.

I'm so thankful for this experience because it's drawn me closer to God. There for a while my spirit was so hungry. Since my focus has changed from me to Him, I feel so satisfied. I don't know how I did it for so long without feeding my spirit. I now know that whatever happens, everything will work out. Besides there are greater tragedies in life than not landing the job you hoped for. All I know is something is out there, bigger and better.

1 comment:

  1. Aww. I know the feeling.

    Keeping you in my thoughts.

    Also, could you post about your scooter? The gas mileage is really appealing more and more. I'm wondering how safe you feel on it?

    ReplyDelete