Sunday, February 12, 2012

Paleo Waffles Recipe Gets 5 STARS

My all time favorite waffle mix.


Dakota woke me up and we were both craving waffles. My favorite grain waffle recipe is Hodgson Mill's, but  I wanted something grain free -- something light. I found this Paleo Recipe and it blows this Hodgson Mill's box out of the water!





Paleo Waffles 
Recipe Adapted from Jen's Gone Paleo - I changed a few things, from her original recipe. Refer to Jen's Gone Paleo site for cooking instructions.  Here is my take on it....
Ingredients: 
2 Large Eggs
1 T. Pure Maple Syrup
1 T. Vanilla Extract
1/4 C. Water
1.5 C. Almond Meal 
1/2 tsp. Sea Salt
1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon 
1/2 Green Apple, grated
1/4 C. Shredded, Unsweetened Coconut
I added a splash of almond milk to the batter
Oil, for greasing the waffle iron
I topped with apples, banana slices, and chia seeds. 
  Five Star Paleo Waffles
I bought a bag of shredded coconut a while ago and I haven't touched it in months. I'm glad I found a new recipe to use it in. I can't believe how good this recipe is. Definitely a keeper! I should write a blog post of my favorite paleo recipes. To be continued....
Shredded Coconut

2 comments:

  1. Jominand@aol.com7:07 AM

    Looks so good. Were did you find the cocnut at?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i found it at Sprout's!

    ReplyDelete