Saturday, February 11, 2012

Here's One Way to Get Ice Water

Lately, I've been struggling through my long runs. I've been bored and a little frustrated with my speed <---- I should say lack of speed. Despite my frustration, I laced up and ran 8.5 miles.

If I was looking for an excuse to get out of a run, this was the morning, I could've cashed in on that. It was around 30 degrees with a 10+ mph wind gust. Honestly, this run sucked. The last 3 miles were like c'mon let's just get this over with. It was so cold, that my handheld water bottle started to produce ice.
Water turned to ice
Ice Water
Water turned to ice
When I got home, I thought I'd make the family breakfast. Too bad I burnt the bacon to hell! I mean I like my bacon crisp, but this is deadly.
I burnt the bacon, big time!
I was planning on going to a yoga class, but Trey bribed me by saying, instead I'll take you to Chili's. OK! OK!!!!

Chili's has a few, NEW healthy menu options. I tried the healthy choice 6 oz. sirloin with a side of broccoli. It was delicious. Here are a some other options on the menu:

Thanks to all the corn chips and salsa that I ate, I had some leftover steak that I couldn't finish during lunchtime, so I made a sirloin salad at home for dinner. I can't wait to go back to Chili's and try some other items on the healthy menu.


What is your favorite thing to get when you go to Chili's? 
I usually get the Nachos or an Old-timer Burger, but I think, now I'll stick with the lighter choice options.
Dinner Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment