Wednesday, January 02, 2013

The Daytime Show - I Always Record

aphne Oz's Dorm Room Apple SnackI'm kind of obsessed with ABC's The Chew. It sort-of fills the missing piece in my heart, right where The Oprah Show use to be. (Well, it's a small attempt).

I record every episode and I usually watch it, while I'm running on the treadmill. Sometimes, my DVR gets backed up with episodes (it's not the only show I watch, duh). Over the break, I took advantage of the time, cleaned my DVR and actually made a few recipes.


Cheyenne helped me. Yeah, feel free to call us professional chefs. We're so busy doing cool stuff, next week we might try out for the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleading squad.
aphne Oz's Dorm Room Apple Snack
This recipe was delicious and Cheyenne loved it too. The only ingredient I had to go out of my way to get was the apple cider and to be honest, I probably could've used water or OJ. I might try that next time.
Here are the ingredients: 

  • 2 Apples (peeled and core scooped out - leaving bottom in tact)
  • 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil
  • 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
  • 2 tablespoons Oats
  • 1 tablespoon Pecans (chopped) (I used walnuts)
  • 1 tablespoon Dried Cranberries
  • 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup Apple Cider
  • 2 tablespoons Greek Yogurt 
  • 2 teaspoons Honey
  • For cooking directions refer to the Chew site. 
aphne Oz's Dorm Room Apple Snack
How I Feel About My Hair: 
Today, was my first day back at work. It feels strange to be back, after having so much time off. My co-workers did the whole double-take, when they saw me with my new hair-do. I think I'm barely at the point, when I can walk past the mirror and not do the double take, myself. I don't regret getting bangs, although I have not attempted to wear my hair natural. I'm thinking I'll probably pin them back, when I wear it nat-u-raaaaal. I'm not brave enough to try it during a work-week, so it will have to wait until this weekend.

P.S. My bangs don't bother me when I run. I just twirl them and pin them back with a clip. Actually, I use two clips. They ain't flying nowhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment