Thursday, June 28, 2012

Amon Carter Cool Spot & Black Bean Brownies

You know how I said I wanted to get out of the house this week? Well we've been staying busy every day this week. Did you know, Amon Carter Museum has storytime every week, this summer? I took the girls. Cheyenne walked and I carried Dakota in a sling.

It was wall to wall packed! I guess nobody wants to do anything outdoors in this heat. I can't blame them.

At the end of storytime, there was refreshments and crafts. This was the craft area.
Amon Carter
Check out Cheyenne's amazing flower pot. we'll be going again, if anyone wants to join us, just let me know! We'd probably have to arrange a meeting spot because there are so many people, you can easily get lost in the crowd.
Craft in progress
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is Nice!
You know what I'm enjoying? I'm enjoying our church family bringing my family dinner three nights a week. Earlier this week, the pastor from our church and his wife stopped by and brought us BBQ. Mmmm, comfort food...
Cousin's BBQ
Black Bean Brownies? Say, what? 
I've been wanting something sweet, but you know healthy--ish. Check out this recipe I found on Twitter from Dr. Oz. It's called fudgy black bean brownies.

My cousin, Raquel, who has lost over 50 pounds, was in town visiting with me yesterday...She tried a brownie and just about threw a fit. She was raving about them. Eaten alone, they are a B-, but with some coffee I'd give them a B+.

If you are trying to watch your sugar intake, this is a recipe for you.
Black Bean Brownie

No comments:

Post a Comment